if the issue appears on the alternate monitor/TV as well, re-install the graphics card drivers & update it from the official HP Website: If you don’t have an alternate monitor, I recommend checking if the issue appears on the BIOS screen (restart the computer and tap on F10 to access BIOS). I've seen that many laptops have this problem because of a bad connection. Notebook PCs only: If you do not have an ADP policy and do not want to pay for the repair of a damaged LCD, you can connect an external monitor and use the notebook as-is.Or you could purchase a keyboard, mouse, and monitor, and use the notebook like a desktop. The box it came in is scuffed but there are no dents or crushed areas. Fixing vertical lines on screen on HP Pavilion dm4? To do this I have included the steps below.1. Thanks.\015\012We have 2 vertical lines on our Toshiba Satellite P105 that is a little over a year old\015\012I have an HP Pavilion dv8000 laptop that now has 5 vertical lines, 2 pink & 3 pale green. It is now fixed and the line has not reappeared. Because the port is is putting out a fine display on an external monitor it rules out the graphics card. Processor Graphics in use: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400, GOP version: 5.0.1035. I am sorry I am not able to help you and the fixes suggested that you tried also did not work for me. System: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60 GHz 2.30 GHz, RAM: 4 GB. I tried troubleshooting by, updating display drivers and updating the BIOs, yet to no avail. Hello HP Support, I need your help! Vertical lines on your laptop’s screen can either be caused by a software problem or a hardware problem. Use the HP nvidia driver only (it has been tuned for the nvidia 5600). In some cases, the screen goes black.Its easily accessible from ... HP Pavilion zd8000 Notebook continued -- Yes, the line is there In Bios; I didn't drop it. I would like to help you resolve this issue. LCD screen damage usually doesn't affect the operation of the notebook computer. I have HP Pavillion dv 8000 laptop, s/n CND61235FK, p/n ES 184 AV The screen on this laptop has developed many vertical lines. They can move or make the the line disapear by applying pressure to the screen. and pressing f10. I have tried to solve it by downloading updated versions of the graphics processor, but when I go to your website, for my laptop there are three downloads recommended for the graphics processor: Driver per scheda grafica Intel ad alta definizione (HD) 2013-11-25 , Versione10.18.10.3325, 158.03M, Driver scheda grafica NVIDIA 2013-11-25 , Versione1.10, 340.7M, Driver per scheda grafica AMD ad alta definizione (HD). A tiny vertical line appeared after that. I was lucky that my PC was still on the warranty! This would confirm if it's either a hardware failure or an issue with the graphics card drivers so we may reinstall and update the drivers to fix the issue as mentioned above. I tried the fixes you suggested but to no avail. I had to call the HP technical support to have the PC repaired. I have HP Pavillion dv 8000 laptop, s/n CND61235FK, p/n ES 184 AV The screen on this laptop has developed many vertical lines. This has been happening for a good half a year now, literally 2 weeks after the warranty expired. 04:16 AM Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up". Turn off your computer2. Check for a bios update. The first one is to do a hard reset. Here are the ways to fix horizontal and vertical lines on laptop screen on any laptop like HP… Follow below steps first and check if works:- * Try updating the graphic drivers. The line gradually appeared over about ten minutes(I havn't even removed the protective plastic and wrappings). It started out with about four but now shows about 30. I read your post and see that you are getting vertical lines on the screen. I have the same problem. The white line disappeared can you tell me why? I have included the document 'Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset'. - YouTube This line formed after first power,  so I'm not sure it will fade. 1) A couple of months ago 3 vertical lines have appeared on left of laptop screen. Will this computer need to be sent in for service? Happened three times already and don't know what to do. HP Pavilion dv7-1130us laptop - Vertical white line on laptop display- question about PC Laptops ... Vertical lines in my laptop screen Try connecting an external monitor to the Dell Inspiron 9300 and see if the vertical line is also present on the monitor. I don't know which one I have to download, so I have not downloaded any, and in any case I don't know whether that would solve my problem. If the issue occurred after an accident (such as dropping it on the floor, liquid spilled on it, etc.) I performed a hard reset and updated my BIOS but it didn't fix it. Thanks, I'm sure it's the screen connection for that column of elements. This will fix laptop screens that may have any of the following issues and/or other LCD screen issues that are causing your laptop lcd screen not to function properly: A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here, Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here. An aging PC shows signs of regular wear and tear as years pass by, and loosened internal cables can create a number of nasty glitches.