Blade length: 1.75-inches. Military Style Fully-Concealed Knife in a Dog Tag The B-2 Dog Tag is a military-style, dog tag sheath you can wear around your neck or store in your pocket. With an open length of 3.7″ and a closed length of 2.75″, it’s incredibly discrete. Beautifully blending industrial design, minimalism, pocket-friendliness, and more, this gorgeous flipper knife features a DLC-coated S35VN stainless steel blade, a frame lock with a hardened steel lockbar, a timeless silhouette, and a total weight of just 2.9 ounces — which is nothing to scoff at out of a 7.4″ EDC knife. The KA-BAR Becker BK2 is a chunky knife built for serious outdoors work. For tactical-minded folks, they can be a great last-ditch option. They are also useful for campers and especially backpackers and ultralight crowd. S30V Steel As the ultralight community evolved, the focus on pack weights like 5, ... You don’t need two bowie knives, a neck knife, and a folding knife. Morakniv Eldris Neck Knife Kit $ 153.55. This knife comes with a 1095 Cro-Van steel blade (3.25”). The StrongArm has a 4/8 inch blade and a total length of 9.75 inches. Naked weight: 1.25 oz. Looking for the perfect backpacking neck knife. You won’t find a lighter knife that I have found. Posted by 5 months ago. Hits: 241. On everyday hikes, it can open food packets, cut twine, and shave kindling; in a survival situation, it can help you do everything from build a shelter to catch fish. AL MAR Knives has been committed to making unique knife designs at quality levels that rival custom, hand-made knives. I think one of the hardest things on a knife is the neck to tailbone hide opening slice. Made from the best materials and ergonomic in design, the knife is both easy to carry and use. Benchmade 707 Sequel Knife McHenry & Williams Design 154CM USA. Its handle is equipped with a beverage breaching tool, aka bottle opener, and a comfortable EDC friendly design. Most don't cost much but most also aren't of outstanding quality either. What deadly genius first devised the neck knife is a matter lost to the tides of history, but most guesses trace it back to the earliest man. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. More Items From eBay. First Published on: Dec 26, 2013. All of our knives are forged from quality steel and crafted with care that rival custom, handmade knives. If you choose a neck knife, it is probably because of your preference and not because it's the highest quality or the most useful. The minimalist comes to mind but I find Kydex a hassle when returning the knife. This fixed blade has a bead blast/acid washed body with a hair-popping satin finished cutting edge. Mar 6, 2011 #1. Hello guys! Here's two photos* : *by PiterM Hilleberg Tarp 5 $ 190.97. The knife is comfortable and you can wear it around your neck without much hassle. My custom #10 and first one with not skeletonized handle like before). Al Mar Eagle Talon Ultralight Knife 1005UBK2T - DISCONTINUED ITEM - OLD NEW STOCK - BNIB - SERIAL NUMBERED - MADE IN JAPAN $234.99 This item is currently out of stock. This knife is made out of Cpm S35VN which is a stainless steel. (35 g) ... Pull-the-dot snap belt loop OR neck knife; It comes in at 7” long and has an amazing weight of just 3 oz. Price: $26. It's excellent for cutting thanks to its ergonomic finger-grooved handle and cord fob that you can use for extra leverage. THIS IS A KOOL BUCK KNIFE. Speaking of carrying it has one of the best modular sheaths on the market. Pro- Good size knife with small sheath Reason Not to Buy- Knife might be too small to handle robust tasks like batoning. It's called Ultralight because of his weight (about 60-70 g). The blade is made to retain its sharpness and its edge, as well as resists corrosion. A neck knife follows the same principle. You won't believe how lightweight this blade is! This ultra-slim, compact, fixed-blade knife features top quality S30V stainless steel in low-profile Black Oxide. CRKT Minimalist Bowie Neck Knife. 440C black, stainless steel con Osprey Talon 33 Made in Finland. At less than 2oz, it’s incredibly lightweight. It is designed for wearing primarily around the neck for easy access. The 1095 Cro-Van tool steel blade is ready to take on all challengers, even being batoned through wood when you’re preparing to make a fire for your shelter, and the black Zytel handle is ergonomically shaped to give you a good grip on the blade for more delicate tasks like splitting kindling or skinning game. Steel is N690 and handle is made from unusual CF with titanium pins. Buck Hartsook Ultralight Neck Knife 860BK NEW. Kershaw KAI 2410 Liner Lock Folder, Japan, Disc. Includes a Kydex sheath, just add paracord or belt attachment clip for your carry preference (sold separately). The skeleton construction keeps weight down to a minimum and the tumbled black finish looks stellar. $ 9.50. The Best Knife for Backpacking and Hiking Fallkniven U2: $90. Sea To Summit Ultralight Hammock $ 57.54. Each Old Hickory knife is made of 1095 high-carbon steel, and the signature solid hardwood handles, are secured with brass compression rivets and branded “Old Hickory.” I consider both the 3.5-inch-long bladed paring knife, as well as the 4-inch-long bladed version, to be a very good ultralight … SPYDERCO AUS-6 Seki-City MYSTERY Lock Back FOLDING KNIFE From Doctor's E. Its kydex sheath has a lanyard hole so you can hang it around your neck and quickly access it with one hand which is what I do so I can cut my salami and cheese (with Vitawheat crackers) for lunch. This is my Ultralight Necker model, It is 5" inches long total with a 2 1/4" blade. Scandinavian Outdoor Mattress Extreme $ 21.06. Looking for the perfect backpacking neck knife. Al Mar Knives provides a selection of everyday carry (EDC), tactical, and outdoors knives. 1 BUCK SMIDGEN KNIFE. Osprey Talon 44 Stainless. Morakniv Eldris $ 187.14. The knife has a full tang situated in a rubberized grip coated with a diamond texture. The Wilmont Knives Ultralight Necker features a fully skeletonized build made from solid CPM-S35VN stainless steel. Quality Survival Neck Knives A neck knife is a small, compact knife that can be carried around your neck or in your pocket so that it is always there when you need it. Handle is skeletonized with lanyard attached. Some new info from my workshop. Close. #4 – Ka-Bar TDI LDK Neck / Boot Knife w/ Sheath: The TDI LDK (Last Ditch Knife) is an amazing little knife. You’re not fighting off bears or ISIS and you’re not building a tree house. Our neck … Includes a secure fit Kydex sheath. Ultra-Light Titanium Neck Knife Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by Daniel Fairly Knives, Mar 6, 2011. Weight: 0.9 ounces. This faster pace will lead to more daily distance hiked and less energy expended per mile. WITH SPOTTED SCUFFED BLACK OXIDE COATING. $ 33.50. The best overall knife is the Benchmade Bugout 535 due to its attractive, light and functional design which keeps outdoor adventures and hikers in mind. Make Offer - NWT Kizlyar Supreme EDC Neck Knife Amigo Z Satin AUS-8 Steel Ultralight Russia FIXED BLADE NECK KNIFE Mtech 5.5" Black Tactical Survival Compass Firestarter C $25.46 The holy grail of ultralight backpack scalpel knives. Neck knives are fixed blade knives which means that these guys may be small but they are mighty. Becker Necker BK-11 Pro- Good middle ground for blade size Reason Not to Buy- Forums say that the sheath is too big and knife is loose within sheath making for awkward neck … ... Ultralight Knife Sharpener. This ultralight knife is tough enough to withstand the harshest environments, yet light enough to forget you are even carrying it. Own a Warrior's Edge. It’s not a flashy knife but it has a skeletonize handle that cuts the down to 1.6 ounces, allowing for a larger 2.8-inch blade. Made in America. Ultralight Backpacking is More Comfortable than Traditional Backpacking THE WATSON RULER IS NOT PART OF THE SALE. This is an underrated lightweight EDC fixed blade. Extremely lightweight, compact and easily accessible. It’s a comfortable and well made fixed blade. Visit the rockslide shootout on scalpel blades to determine which blades you want to use. It weighs right around 7 ounces and is very comfortable to carry. Downside is I don’t think he makes this one anymore. A hiking pack will likely have a padded waist belt, so carrying the knife around the neck keeps it accessible without affecting the fit of your pack. 160 / 860 ULTRALIGHT NECK CAMPING KNIFE. Wilmont Knives has created an excellent ultralight weight neck knife that features a beverage breaching tool, aka bottle opener. BUCK U.S.A. LOGO-. The blade is 4 inches long, and since it's made by SOG it's good, high quality steel, which is reflected in the price. MSR Thru-hiker 70 Wing V2 $ 95.87. This knife is built to last and will suffice any type of need you might have for a neck knife. Click the knife pic to see more pics of this model. 0. Each fastpak is built with the highest quality materials to ensure durability. In the past, I have used a shingle blade, in a pulling motion from ears to tail, along the backbone. Knife ships for $125 with kydex sheath. Primus Microntrail Piezo $ 134.35. at Amazon.com. Paracord wrapped handle isn’t my favorite but the knife makes up for it in all other ways. SOG Knives Field Pup Knife - The Field Pup is ideal if you would prefer a fixed length ultralight backpacking knife. This knife is 62 on the Rockwell C scale hard. Shop our collection of everyday carry (EDC), tactical, outdoor, and survival knives. With laminated steel, a dead simple design, and Grilon handles, the U2 is an excellent backpacking knife … 201k members in the Ultralight community. A couple of touches on my ultralight knife sharpener keeps it razor sharp. r/Ultralight is the largest online Ultralight Backpacking community! The CRKT Minimalist Bowie Neck Knife is a versatile fixed blade knife that is available in a variety of blade styles. BOS 12C27M STAINLESS STEEL BLADE-. It comes with a Kydex sheath. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for MT Knives Genesis EDC Survival Neck Knife with Kydex Sheath - Ultralight 2.5oz Stainless Steel Drop Point Blade.