After which, good neighbours, become goooood friennnnds. My neighbours' dog's constant barking is driving me insane Credit: Getty I am a retired woman of 62 and live alone. We started with cocktails. But the frown was more on the Chipped crockery something I did not experience at Lower Clapton and something I would have thought was that one off bowl but not a number of bowls. Vet Pete Wedderburn solves your pet dilemmas. Why is my dog barking so much? - details / Review guidelines Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms Has My Neighbours the Dumplings closed, shut down, moved, or changed? The dumplings are pretty bad. Very overhyped, will not be visiting again.More, The chipped crockery was a put off, first time in my life at a restaurant be it Australia, Mexico, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, Egypt, France, Greece, Spain,Luxembourg,Morroco, Italy , Switzerland, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Cyprus etc Never have I been served a bowl or plate chipped...or cracked in a restaurant! tell because there was something left on every dish we ordered. We went during one...of the recent heatwaves so asked for tap water, which naturally went down very quickly. My Neighbours The Dumplings is the worst restaurant I had the misfortune to visit, what makes it worse, is that I live in the area. Welcome to My Neighbours the Dumplings 2.0, a (oh, you guessed it) dumpling-focused eatery that’s taken up residence over a double shopfront on the fringes of Victoria Park. Does this restaurant offer table service? tell because there was something left on every dish we ordered. 1) It has helped me connect with neighbours and people around my neighbourhood. Ordering sadly, my daughter received her food and waited for mine to arrive 10 to 15 minutes late which made her food cold. Compare ratings and prices of best Japanese restaurants, Sushi. J then advised: “We must go beyond the smell of dog dumplings to understand the true nature of the plant.” He explained that his dog dumpling juice is bitter-sweet and has a superb aroma. Are you sure you want to delete this answer? No way near as nice as those you get in Chinatown. The food was nice but small potions, for £12 per head I expected more. None of this happened, in fact we struggled each time we needed to get a server's attention to ask for more water or order anything else. Food is good though!More, Great food but terrible service A friendly place is pleasant and makes you…. Popped to the Victoria Park restaurant for dinner with my brother and we were so impressed. Food is good though!More, Great food but terrible service ended up being quite filling ....great family atmosphere and excellent value...so will definitely return. Can a vegetarian person get a good meal at this restaurant? We serve Dim Sum style dishes in a fun informal atmosphere, with restaurants in … • My Neighbours The Dumplings 165 Lower Clapton Road, London E5, 020-3327 1556. This was the first shock of a presentation to be served chipped cracked bowls in a restaurant that was very off putting. So even though they were in a hurry to get us out, they certainly weren't in a hurry to take our payment and again, had us wait to be served. The dumplings are pretty bad. AvoidMore, We came here after lots of recommendations from friends, the service was slow, food was expensive for the amount you got and didn’t come together, order was wrong twice and one of us ended up being ill afterwards. If the dog becomes more comfortable, it may stop yelping when it spots you. With no mixing of households! The food however was good, though I had to wait 20 to 30 minutes to get inside and even that I initiated it to speed as I notice the staff was very busy. She just ate in the chipped cracked bowl but when mine was given I just could not sit there and enjoy it so the staff did go and change my bowl to at least make it appetising. My first dog-friendly ride? I am keen to resolve this amicably; we are after all neighbours! So in conclusion - a ‘cool’ place for cool people but don’t go there if you want good dim sum. Dog owners must have a leash with them at all times All dogs are to be accompanied and supervised All dogs in the area must be able to be controlled without a leash i.e. We went during one...of the recent heatwaves so asked for tap water, which naturally went down very quickly. Kitchen open 12-3.30 on Saturdays and Sundays. Very overhyped, will not be visiting again.More, The chipped crockery was a put off, first time in my life at a restaurant be it Australia, Mexico, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, Egypt, France, Greece, Spain,Luxembourg,Morroco, Italy , Switzerland, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Cyprus etc Never have I been served a bowl or plate chipped...or cracked in a restaurant! I'm SO glad we didn't pay full price and I don't intend on returning.More, Thought we'd pop in to try when the discount scheme was on. Are you sure you want to delete this answer? Some of it works but some of it really doesn’t. My Neighbours the Dumplings is a family run Chinese dumpling house and Sake bar, now with two sites in both Lower Clapton and Victoria Park Village, Hackney. 165 Lower Clapton Road, London, E5 8EQ. Very slow service and drinks only arrived after 20 mins after we reminded them. Food is good though! Top comfort food designed with love! It is usually a treat for her to play outside. If he hasn’t been properly socialized into the practice of using plastic bags to pick up the dog dirt, explain the simple procedure to him. My dog is not very good with social settings, for example. We took my sister in law there for a birthday meal before she goes back to New Zealand. I’ve made new friends and contacts. Open Tues-Sat, 6-11pm; Sun 1-4pm. He could probably...tell because there was something left on every dish we ordered.More, We stumbled on this gem randomly and were not disappointed. David lives opposite Jenny. Service is friendly but rushed and sloppy. Ordering sadly, my daughter received her food and waited for mine to arrive 10 to 15 minutes late which made her food cold. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. AvoidMore, We came here after lots of recommendations from friends, the service was slow, food was expensive for the amount you got and didn’t come together, order was wrong twice and one of us ended up being ill afterwards. Very slow service and drinks only arrived after 20 mins after we reminded them. We'd recently been to Chinatown at what we thought would be an average tourist restaurant but the dumplings at My Neighbours were a big disappointment in comparison. Tom had the Kokoro Plumble with gin, jasmine tea syrup and plum wine, while I had a Madam Butterfly with sake, shochu, lychee liqueur, chilli and … Read reviews and menu for Hi Sushi: #24 of 36 places to eat in Leopold. Can a vegan person get a good meal at this restaurant? up getting chips on the way home as we were still hungry. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom.. Find more restaurants with hireable areas HERE. She just ate in the chipped cracked bowl but when mine was given I just could not sit there and enjoy it so the staff did go and change my bowl to at least make it appetising. We went to the Victoria Park restaurant and really enjoyed it...front of house Scottish chap lead us the way around the menu and even told us we might have ordered too much, and good advice it was too as the food was very tasty and...ended up being quite filling ....great family atmosphere and excellent value...so will definitely returnMore, Went to the one in Victoria Park Village. ended up being quite filling ....great family atmosphere and excellent value...so will definitely return. 9,429 Followers, 422 Following, 453 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from my neighbours the dumplings (@myneighboursthedumplings) We’re currently finalising and feeling very excited about our new take away service to be launched on the 9th June - At home with My Neighbours. Prawn dumplings were the worst I’ve ever had. So in conclusion - a ‘cool’ place for cool people but don’t go there if you want good dim sum.More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. The staff was helpful and the food flavoured to an Asian taste bud. Jenny has a nosey next door neighbour Where does Joined: Jul 6 2010. d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > My Neighbors Friendly Dog. At noon our neighbors sprayed their yard with something and then pounded some stakes into the ground. Food is mediocre verging on dire (beef dish particularly awful), the cocktails are ok, everything is mad pricey for what it is, and if you are unlucky like us you’ll find yourself sat too close to braying idiots talking about drugs, swearing and laughing maniacally...even though you’re with a child. You have to sit next to strangers which is fine by me but not for everyone. YES! The food however was good, though I had to wait 20 to 30 minutes to get inside and even that I initiated it to speed as I notice the staff was very busy. Views: 185 Replies: 17 Track Topic. We basically had no contact with the waiters the whole time, I live super close to the Clapton branch which always seems to be busy, so my friend and I finally got around to trying it as they are taking part in the Eat Out to Help Out government scheme this month. Kate and David are Robert’s next door neighbours 8. £20-25 a head, plus drinks and service. This is the Victoria Park Branch. Food is good though! My Neighbours The Dumplings, London: See 119 unbiased reviews of My Neighbours The Dumplings, rated 4 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #6,004 of 22,818 restaurants in London. This page has been viewed 1386 times. A Volkswagen Alltrack. Very overhyped, will not be visiting again. My Neighbours The Dumplings 119 reviews Open Now Chinese, Asian $$ - $$$ 4.7 km London “Trendy Little Plates” “We went to the Victoria Park” Order online 11. She just ate in the chipped cracked bowl but when mine was given I just could not sit there and enjoy it so the staff did go and change my bowl to at least make it appetising. My Neighbours The Dumplings is the worst restaurant I had the misfortune to visit, what makes it worse, is that I live in the area. My neighbours the dumplings are still open! a European take on dim sum. I'm SO glad we didn't pay full price and I don't intend on returning. This was the first shock of a presentation to be served chipped cracked bowls in a restaurant that was very off putting. Food is...a European take on dim sum. Nice atmosphere - very cool, trendy. Very overhyped, will not be visiting again. a bit overpriced but the staff's friendly attitude and the uber-trendy interior make up for it. We got the Pinapple Jin Doi with Coconut Custard for dessert but the texture was like undercooked dough and off putting. Why? But the frown was more on the Chipped crockery something I did not experience at Lower Clapton and something I would have thought was that one off bowl but not a number of bowls. Instead, My Neighbours the Dumplings has adopted the dim sum dining style of shared small plates and given it a hip east London twist, combining traditional Chinese dishes with other popular Asian influences, including Thai-style green papaya salad and a saké-based drinks menu. Ordering sadly, my daughter received her food and waited for mine to arrive 10 to 15 minutes late which made her food cold. No way near as nice as those you get in Chinatown. • My Neighbours The Dumplings 178-180 Victoria Park Road, London, E9, 020-3327 0447. In my experience, the quickest way to put a dog-owner ‘on his hind legs’ is to put an anonymous, horribly scribbled note on a crumpled up piece of paper in their post box. While eating the dessert, we were told we only had the table for 90 minutes which was interesting as we'd had to wait so long for service in the first place. May 1, 2019 - Explore Jennifer Harvey's board "chicken dumpling soup" on Pinterest. I don't get the hype! If that is normal or standard at My Neighbours The Dumplings Victoria Park, then if I do first it next time I will just bring my own bowl and transfer when it arrives. This is the Victoria Park Branch. They’re busy. None of this happened, in fact we struggled each time we needed to get a server's attention to ask for more water or order anything else. Here’s what I would suggest however- contact first of all any If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Tripadvisor gives a Travelers’ Choice award to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travelers and are ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor. 165 Lower Clapton Road Hackney, London E5 8EQ England. My Dog Goes on Dates with My Neighbor’s Dog How I Found a Pit Bull-Friendly Apartment in New York City 5 Tips for Finding the Best Dog-Friendly Rental Properties It was a gorgeous restaurant with gold leaf walls and colourful lanterns. The cocktails were packed with flavour without being overbearing and the little dishes - even if simple - are delicious. No one likes to hear complaints, but when you are complaining about my dog, well you better darn sure have a … This is the Victoria Park Branch. None of this happened, in fact we struggled each time we needed to get a server's attention to ask for more water or order anything else. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. I’ve made new friends and contacts. Tell him that he needs to pick up after his dog. While eating the dessert, we were told we only had the table for 90 minutes which was interesting as we'd had to wait so long for service in the first place. Sometimes the hardest thing about making new friends is the very first step. Learn more. It started as a pop up, but the success encountered was so overwhelming they decided to stay. You dog owners are doing everything right and it doesn’t matter what your (idiot) neighbors think or say. See more ideas about recipes, cooking recipes, food. I frequently get frantic calls from owners that have received complaints and from neighbours who want to know what they can do about the next door barking dog. Talk with your neighbor. Now it's common practice in a restaurant for a server to come over and ask how everything is, if we need anything else, or to top up our water if it's empty. By the time we got our meals, our food were cold plus I were so hungry that we forgot that the waiter didn't bring us a side of vegetarian dumplings. A dog being allowed to poo in a public place (such as the street outside my property) is also a criminal offence that can attract an on the spot fine in many councils. Up until this afternoon my dog loved our backyard. We basically had no contact with the waiters the whole time, I live super close to the Clapton branch which always seems to be busy, so my friend and I finally got around to trying it as they are taking part in the Eat Out to Help Out government scheme this month. The service was poor, food quantity poor, food quality good, valve for money poor. At my budget, it combined plenty of things that I like, with plenty of things that Ghost likes. If that is normal or standard at My Neighbours The Dumplings Victoria Park, then if I do first it next time I will just bring my own bowl and transfer when it arrives. Please use the Update Form. After our bill arrived, I noted two different servers come over and noticed we were waiting to pay but walked off and never actually took payment. My dog is now terrified of going onto the grass of the backyard. Had a drink at the bar and moved to the table. 7. The cucumber with sesame oil was sensational and all the dumplings are worth trying. This was the first shock of a presentation to be served chipped cracked bowls in a restaurant that was very off putting. The Leading Hotels Of The World in London, Hotels near V&A - Victoria and Albert Museum, Restaurants near My Neighbours The Dumplings, Caribbean Restaurants with Delivery in London, Japanese Restaurants with Private Dining in London, Spanish Restaurants with Buffet in London, Restaurants for Special Occasions in London, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in London, British Restaurants with Private Dining in City of London, Delivery Restaurants in Hammersmith / Fulham, Seafood Restaurants in East End / East London. This is the Victoria Park Branch. The person who lives at number 16 has a dog, two cats, three rabbits and a hamster. It's...a bit overpriced but the staff's friendly attitude and the uber-trendy interior make up for it.More. 10. I can’t really question standard policy! The neighbours are a friendly bunch — as long as you steer clear of the grumpy dog next door — and your garden is full of exciting smells, trees to scratch and birds to stalk. We'd recently been to Chinatown at what we thought would be an average tourist restaurant but the dumplings at My Neighbours were a big disappointment in comparison. One dish was prawn toast covered in sweet chilli sauce - delicious but then anything is if you cover it in sweet chilli sauce. Are you sure you want to delete this question? Be sure to ask permission before feeding the 7. One phrase I hear frequently is “Suddenly, out of the blue, my dog…”[featured-image] This phrase is generally associated with some unwanted or inappropriate behavior the dog has This was meant to be a birthday celebration but it turn into a nightmare, we where charged over £70, unfortunately we won't be going back to this restaurant again and I will Inform my friends never to step foot in My Neighbour The Dumpling restaurant. I don't get the hype! It's...a bit overpriced but the staff's friendly attitude and the uber-trendy interior make up for it.More. Krugg #11 Nov 14 2020 10:46pm. Order food online at My Neighbours The Dumplings, London with Tripadvisor: See 119 unbiased reviews of My Neighbours The Dumplings, ranked #6,017 on Tripadvisor among 22,881 restaurants in London. Prawn dumplings were the worst I’ve ever had. 2) I run a small business and the APP has helped bring in new clients and helped me grow my business without the need of spending money to advertise. Why yes, this does make an excellent place to celebrate. So in conclusion - a ‘cool’ place for cool people but don’t go there if you want good dim sum. or cracked in a restaurant! We had to wait over an hour for the bill, impossible to get waiters attention and they basically forget about you once you’re there. The staff was helpful and the food flavoured to an Asian taste bud. We took my sister in law there for a birthday meal before she goes back to New Zealand. Walk my dog in public Register or microchip my dog Report or find out about barking dogs View impounded animals (including dogs for sale and lost dogs at the Pound) Owner responsibilities in a public place All dogs in New. Befriend the dog: If the neighbor’s dog barks directly at you, ask your neighbor for a friendly introduction. After our bill arrived, I noted two different servers come over and noticed we were waiting to pay but walked off and never actually took payment. After our bill arrived, I noted two different servers come over and noticed we were waiting to pay but walked off and never actually took payment. We left feeling very unsatisfied and ended...up getting chips on the way home as we were still hungry. User-chosen places to eat at for hi dumplings leopold menu. Tripadvisor gives a Travellers’ Choice award to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travellers and are ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor. No way near as nice as those you get in Chinatown. a bit overpriced but the staff's friendly attitude and the uber-trendy interior make up for it. But don’t worry, these guys really do make excellent dumplings. The food was nice but small potions, for £12 per head I expected more. After our bill arrived, I noted two different servers come over and noticed we were waiting to pay but walked off and never actually took payment. friendly definition: 1. behaving in a pleasant, kind way towards someone: 2. So I informed them I have no reservation and willing to leave if there were no seats but they accommodated. Popped to the Victoria Park restaurant for dinner with my brother and we were so impressed. The food itself was not exactly cheap for what you get, and it was bang average. Can a vegan person get a good meal at this restaurant? So I informed them I have no reservation and willing to leave if there were no seats but they accommodated.