A good combination after all. 1/2 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream. Just chop it up, or turn it into watermelon juice, throw in the freezer and you’ll have it for months to enjoy! Sep 1, 2018 - Explore Susannah Johnson's board "Watermelon Soup", followed by 133 people on Pinterest. This soup will surely cool you down on a hot … . Select All. Add all ingredients to a large pot over medium high heat. Sweet, spicy, and refreshing… Now this is a soup that satisfies on a hot summer day. Cooks Tip. It’s gonna be so much fun ‘going along with you’ as you begin your new life and new gardens!! This watermelon gazpacho recipe is as refreshing as that first splash into the pool on a 100 degree summer day! More. Soup International Fruits Seafood Vegetable Date Night ‍♂️ Fitness ⛱ Summer It means blended raw without straining and serve chilled. I’m hoping for the same this year, lol…. ; o ). “We had a lot of watermelon … See more ideas about Watermelon soup, Watermelon, Colour pallette. A few years back, watermelon was all the rage. See more ideas about Watermelon, Watermelon soup, Food. I made a watermelon drink like this last summer, but it seemed too thick for a drink. Really fun idea — like it, a lot. Create a gorgeous watermelon fruit bowl for cookouts, pool parties, and … Dec 13, 2017 - Explore Ewe and Me Yarns's board "Watermelon Soup", followed by 229 people on Pinterest. I love anything watermelon. Put 5 cups of diced watermelon in a food processor or blender and blitz to a purée. This soup looks awesome – love that touch of the ginger! Method. That way it can be Winter and you can enjoy this Hot Watermelon Soup! When I eat this Watermelon Soup, either in the Summer or the Winter, it makes me think of the garden and all the great memories that come along with it (not to mention the power of saying “I grew this!”). Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Share Tweet Linkedin Pin … hot pepper sauce. My farm is a 1,000 sq ft apartment in NYC. Receive My Favorite Recipes Straight to Your Inbox! Perfect warm-and-cool conditions can mean a blueberry bonanza. I froze watermelon chunks for the first time this year and was so glad I did! Never had hot watermelon soup, either. A cool soup for those hot summer nights. Reply. Published. Strain purée … Thanks for this post! Yep that’s RIGHT! Sweet and savory combined with tabasco on the side for those like the heat and need more kick. Original recipe yields 8 servings. Add lime juice, lime zest, salt, garlic, tomato, cucumber, green pepper, red onion, vinegar, oil, fresh herbs of choice, sugar, and jalapeno, if using, and 1 cup cubed watermelon. Stand the melon in a basin and steam for about 1 1/2 hours or until the melon is cooked. The photos make it look so tasty. A no-cook, refreshing cold watermelon soup, that is healthy and has just enough spice for a hot summer’s day meal. This spicy watermelon gazpacho has that refreshing watermelon flavor mixed with the sweetness of … And when in Quebec, if I wasn’t working in the garden, I was hanging out with my best friend Andree, who speaks no English, either shopping for more plants or looking at gardening books together. Get our cookbook, free, when you sign up for our newsletter. It’s when you’re so excited for the garden season that every time you think about what you’re going to grow you just start to shake with excitement. What you’re left with is a silky smooth soup that’s bright in color and tastes delicious. Now that’s something I haven’t tried yet! Chilled Cantaloupe Soup. I like to sprinkle a little bit of extra salt on top of each bowl before serving. Well, you're going to be pouring hot soup in there, and if the melon is cold, the soup will immediately cool down. Yup – it was certainly an addiction!! If the watermelon is pre-chilled, put all the blended ingredients in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes so the soup can get a little colder and to allow the flavors from all the ingredients to mix together. I would have never thought of watermelon, soup and hot all in the same phrase, but you make it sounds delicious. Pour in strainer to remove the seeds. Going to try that next year. This chilled Spanish soup is just the right way to use watermelon. Prepare red watermelon pieces to juice as shown in the video. Soup on a warm hot summer day?! Spicy Watermelon Soup. Do you love watermelon? Thanks! Put chunks of watermelon in blender and blend until it's a juice. This watermelon soup with chili flakes, mint and shrimp is summery and fresh but with a hot and spicy kick. Fresh mint and basil are puréed with the watermelon, providing the right balance of seasoning to make the watermelon more savory. Hi! Add fresh mint, top with more sour cream—and prepare for compliments. (WAFB) - Watermelon, a gift from Africa, is a great summer joy in the south. Cold soups are an exceptionally refreshing treat, especially on hot summer days. Stir fry prawn shells and heads for about seven minutes or till fragrant and starting to brown. Gazpacho is a Spanish-style soup, served cold and made by blending tomatoes with a variety of vegetables. The combination of a steamy hot summer day with Thai seasonings, mint and watermelon makes for a wonderfully cooling and intensely flavorful soup… This no-cook recipe is perfect for summertime meals when you don't want to heat up the kitchen. We added fresh lime juice for tang and honey for extra sweetness. Mix well.