Title: Chemical Abundance Analysis of Three α-poor, Metal-poor Stars in the Ultrafaint Dwarf Galaxy Horologium I Author: D. Q. Nagasawa Subject – NGC 1512 is a barred spiral galaxy that is 70,000 light-years wide, and situated 30 million light-years distant. Authors: Helmut Jerjen, Blair C. Conn, Dongwon Kim, and Mischa Schirmer First Author’s Institution: Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia Status: Submitted to arXiv: 1809.02259v1 For Horologium 1 we infer a velocity dispersion of V 4.9 km s 0.9 s()= 2.8 1-+ - and a M/L ratio of ∼600, leading us to conclude that Horologium 1 is also a dwarf galaxy. This map shows every galaxy brighter than magnitude 17 (from the HyperLeda database) in this area of the sky. Nearly 3 billion years ago, a dwarf galaxy plunged into the center of the Milky Way and was ripped apart by the gravitational forces of the collision. Horologium 1 is slightly more metal-poor than Reticulum 2 ([Fe/H] = -2.76) and is similarly alpha-enhanced: [alpha/Fe] similar to 0.3 dex with a significant spread of metallicities of 0.17 dex. Klik om de gratis starburst regions in a dwarf galaxy video te kijken. Chemical Abundance Analysis of Three α -poor, Metal-poor Stars in the Ultrafaint Dwarf Galaxy Horologium I Using high resolution spectroscopic observations we measure themetallicity of the three stars as well as abundance ratios of several$\alpha$-elements, iron-peak elements, and neutron-capture elements. Astrophysicists announced today that the merger produced a series of telltale shell-like formations of stars in the vicinity of the Virgo constellation, the first such "shell structures" to be found in the Milky Way. UCL Discovery is UCL's open access repository, showcasing and providing access to UCL research outputs from all UCL disciplines. Horologium I, Pictor I, Grus I, and Phoenix II. The Horologium Supercluster. Jack Dangers Music for Planetarium ℗ 2008 MBM Records Released on: 2008-01-01 Auto-generated by YouTube. Chemical abundance analysis of three α-poor, metal-poor stars in the ultrafaint dwarf galaxy Horologium I Horologium Dwarf. A dwarf galaxy is a small galaxy composed of about 1000 up to several billion stars, as compared to the Milky Way's 200–400 billion stars. We present chemical abundance measurements of three stars in the ultrafaint dwarf galaxy Horologium I, a Milky Way satellite discovered by the Dark Energy Survey. Jack Dangers. Chemical Abundance Analysis of Three $\alpha$-Poor, Metal-Poor Stars in the Ultra-Faint Dwarf Galaxy Horologium I. August 2017; The Astrophysical Journal 852(2) DOI: 10.3847/1538-4357/aaa01d. DOI: 10.1088/0004-637X/811/1/62. The Horologium Supercluster is a gigantic supercluster with a length of about 550 million light years. Using an amateur 0.14-m aperture telescope, astronomers have observed a nearby spiral galaxy known as M63 (or NGC 5055). All of the major clusters of galaxies in the Horologium supercluster are marked. Jun 29, 2014 - The Horologium Supercluster is a gigantic supercluster with a length of about 550 million light years. Publication date: 20/09/2015. Title: On the Nature of Ultra-faint Dwarf Galaxy Candidates.III. From the Album Music for Planetarium January 1, 2008 $1.29 Start your 30-day free trial of Unlimited to listen to this song plus tens of millions more songs. It was named by Lacaille, and was originally called Horologium Oscillitorium to honor Christian Huygens, the inventor of the pendulum clock in 1656-57. All of the major clusters of galaxies in the Horologium supercluster are marked.