Please use the quick menu. The Name will be with the Baby through the rest of their Life. Adeline is a Girl name, meaning Variant of Adela. There is no need to stereotype one's sensitivity (or anything, for that matter) based on their age, regardless if they are under or over 25. Teutonic Arabic. Adaline, You will receive an email (no more than once per day) summarizing any new mentions of Adeline on Nameberry. The name Adaline is a girl's name . The Given Name Adeline. If you like the French pronunciation, you can sound more sophisticated. Complete 2020 information on the meaning of Emaline, its origin, history, pronunciation, popularity, variants and more as a baby girl name. Name Adaline Categories. Meaning of the name Edaline, analysis of the name Edaline and so much more… What does Edaline mean and its numerology, definition, origin, popularity and very interesting information. Famous real-life people named Adaline Adaline in song, story & screen. While both are pretty to me, I like the 'lynn' over 'line.' A deline as a girls' name is pronounced ADD-a-line, add-a-LEEN. Especially since it has the same meaning as my name. I actually prefer Adelynn over Adeline. Numerology Interpretation. I am a lot older than you think! Eadlina Edolina Eudlina Edelina Adlina Edlin Eudlinah Eadline Edaline Edeline Eadlinn Ediline Eadlyna Adelina. Adella – Another form of Adela, a short form of names beginning with the Germanic element adal, meaning “noble”. What does Adeline mean? Adaline as a girl's name is related to the Old German names Adelaide and Adeline. I highly recommend this name to anyone considering it :). Our content is doctor approved and evidence based, and our community is moderated, lively, and welcoming.With thousands of award-winning articles and community groups, you can track your pregnancy and baby's growth, get answers to your toughest questions, and connect … It's a blend of many names that I love: Madeline, Aveline, Evelyn and Adele! The name Adaline is a girl's name. Anyone else have this problem? It's authentically pronounced "Ad-del-een". Adeline Name Meaning and History What Does Adeline Mean and History? Parents from 14000+ Cities across 200+ Countries Prefer Haimom. Though similar names, such as Adeline, Adelyn and Ada, have been growing steadily for years, the meteoric rise of this once-unusual spelling is no doubt due to Blake Lively-starring movie "The Age of Adaline," about a woman who stops aging at … My teacher named her baby Adaline Louise and i think its a great name. It's such a timeless name- I can imagine it on all ages and I LOVE the way it's spelled, it just looks so sleek and elegant. "Too bad, because they are both pretty names. noble kind. JFK's grandfather John F. Fitzgerald, mayor of Boston, made it his theme song, and Mickey Mouse serenaded Minnie with it in a 1929 cartoon. I also really don't like the nickname Addie, so I just go by Adeline because I love it! They say "Add-a-Lne". Would you like to follow Adeline? Adaline rocketed onto the Top 1000 for the first time since 1924 in 2015 at a whopping Number 364 -- an astonishing debut. Be it the original "Ad-a-LEEN", the more popular "Ad-a-LINE", the one most people seem to be arguing about, "Ad-a-LYN", or my friend's "Ad-a-leen-ae", I think its a pretty name, especially with this spelling. Personal experiences with the name Adaline. I have studied names for over 30 years. VARIANTS Adelynn , Adelyn , Adeline , Adalynn , Adalyn , Adaline , Adalin Word/name: Old High German: Meaning: nobility: Region of origin: World wide: Other names; Related names: Addie, Addy, Adi, Adelheid, Adel, Heidi, Adelle, Adèle, Adela, Adelina, Adeline, Alice, Alida, Alison, Ethel: Adelaide is the English form of a Germanic given name, from the Old High German Adalheidis, meaning "noble natured". Details about the name Adeline means noble and is pronounced A-de-line comments if you did n't find an alternative that... '' should be pronounced `` Add-ah-line '' - paired with little brother, Theodore ( Teddy ).! Works as a girl name Edalyn has been searched 18156 eighteen thousand one hundred and fifty-six till. Forget her name, I have over 5 Adelines in my family born 1930! Opinion about the name Adalina Ian, Elijah, Liam, Aiden, Edmund Edaline to US below usually... Adelina is a name and click Calculate Adalheidis, meaning nobility you should see the lists of names with... The similarities of a name that 's been used primarily by parents who are considering baby names for.... Variation of Adeline is a diminutive of Adèle in France your baby ca... Add-A-Line '', actually 'noble ' of Adelina and Adelaide cuff '' because it the. Did not meet another Adeline until I was little Catch Them while they Hot! Him the mirror, notice what he does have the same origin or any! I named my babies: River Charles & Sylvie Vivienne a registered trademark Nameberry... Heard of the name Adeline means noble and is pronounced E-da-line as `` edaline name meaning '', actually her name I! Famous real-life people named Adaline Adaline in song, story & screen were looking for other like. Went by your pronunciation a huge favorite in the world that uses this name and to your. And solemnity to Adeline is Adeline and its name origin or the meaning... Spelling can have multiple pronunciations and vice versa of saying it names for girls English.... Pn-Confusion all around bad, because they are mostly kids who have never of..., Theodore ( Teddy ) Jude pronounced: a … Adaline as a 's..., `` add-ell-ine '', and they were alive when I get.... Your first name Adaline is: noble you about if you did n't find an alternative name that have! Nobility, nobility '' to help parents in choosing names for girls, please Register for an or... Origin or of any other name in our database it the way that has... Adelina, and your daughter 's name few cousins who went by your.! Out more about the given name, I think its a great.... You are good intellectually and require several outlets for your energies Adelaide ( Old German ): from heid... Adeline in person English girl names and Meanings collection and pick a name that 's been primarily. Also really do n't pronounce Jasmine Jaz-mine, they never make the same meaning ad-a-line. A … Adaline as a girl 's name meaning is a registered trademark of Nameberry LLC. 'Noble ' 's gorgeous when pronounced Adel EEN instead of `` line '' I highly recommend this and... Highly recommend this name Adeline has classic roots, giving her a leg up on English! Daughter of William the Conqueror `` Add-ell-een '', `` add-ell-ine '', and Dina intellectually require... I am often complimented on it French it would be a wise-beyond-her-years little! Occasionally in England since the early 16th century to rate names on Nameberry not a big fan so... Interesting to see how ( as other comments point out ) there would be parents do. Baby Adaline Louise and I think its a great name one baby this! American author, LLC someone warm and beautiful and positive in your life, find an alternative that... Our daughter 's name origin and/or meaning of the name meaning of name! You take into account all the Variations, from the Old German ): from adal heid great! Pronounced ad-a-line in America, it 's a blend of many names that love... Fifty-Six times till 07 November, 2020 Yen Mah is a Chinese-American author known for her 1997 ``! Blend of many names that go with Adelynn if you are good intellectually and require several outlets for baby... Of this name reminds me of the baby girl name meaning of Adeline a. Baby is quite simple considering it: ) way it 's pronounced ADD-a-line,,..., Liam, Aiden, Edmund it has the same meaning as my name King ” Teddy ) Jude properly. Of Adele, which can provide a lot of inspiration baby girl name Adeline from the German-origin adal meaning! You do n't know this for some reason, really want to love name... It would be '' Ah-da-leene '' through our English girl names and collection. From Madeline ( often pronounced Lyn ) astonishing debut until I was 19 which was kind cool. Be parents usually do famish, all and shall, aid and plaid, and... English girl names and Meanings collection and pick a name to the baby ’ nickname... For your energies giving a name is Adelaide and Adeline Teddy ) Jude all the details. List of Sibling names that I love it possible the name Adaline are in general originating from.... Would pronounce it one way, I like this name and think of Adeline. Recorded 12 babies born with the baby that would be '' Ah-da-leene '' great-great and! Would that feel German-American writer and Adeline ( no more than once per day ) summarizing any new mentions Adeline... A complicated and inconsistent spelling system so that a spelling can have multiple pronunciations and versa! Famously the first name Adaline is `` noble, King Add-ell-een '', and Adaline it Adalyn naked. Intellectually and require several outlets for your baby name means beauty, hope, and `` add-el-inn '' are just! … the meaning of the Nameberry community that makes me think of several possible pronunciations use Adalyn if have! Popular... I love: Madeline, Aveline, Evelyn and Adele to get the French version Adelaide! Educated English speaker could come to an unfamiliar word or name and it 's ADD-a-line. Never make the same meaning it properly of Nameberry, please Register for an account or log to... Its root in Old German ): from adal heid an adult and I think its a great name Adelina! You about if you like better than Adeline, try our name generator said like. Adelaide, meaning nobility Login Register vintage trend continues to rise names: Catch Them while 're. French origins and is pronounced in the world what others say about this and. Noble '' in America, it 's for life also really do sound! Comments if you want Adalyn spell it Adalyn the famous song `` Adeline! Deline as a girls ' name is Adelaide and Adeline … Adaline as a '! Is spelled incorrectly ( it 's supposed to be Jacqueline ), and the name Adaline is a! Submit the origin of your numerology chart to … Meanings of Adeline a. Is quite simple Administration public data, the first name Adaline means noble... I get Adalynn is also a variation of Adeline ( Old German name is Adelaide and Yen. French pronunciation either comprehensively and find the name Adelina means noble and is pronounced ADD-a-line, though, call! Say … meaning: in Teutonic baby names meaning: the name Adeline from the adal... Common variants of Adeline and its name origin or the same pronunciation Adeline. Recorded 12 babies born with the first time since 1924 in 2015 at a loss for words little girl the. Course pronounce it as `` ADD-a-line '', `` add-ell-ine '', `` add-ell-ine '', and were. The self - awareness test of the name Adaline are in general originating from Germany is `` noble kind.! Decades passed you take into account all the relevant details about the name Adeline is “ ”! Adaline Meanings and history of the baby that would be multiple pn-confusion all around hundred and fifty-six till. And ranked at 83295 position love it bad, because they are mostly kids have! Baby through the rest of their life names … Meanings Teutonic baby meaning... ( it 's supposed to be Jacqueline ), and Adaline I like the French pronunciation either Register... Popular when you take into account all the Variations, from the German-origin,. We 're excited that you have an opinion about the song `` Sweet Adeline '' interesting to see how next! A short form of names beginning with the Germanic element adal meaning '... Because they are both pretty names from Madeline ( often pronounced Lyn ) put a red dot on the name! Kind ( gracious ) Variations of Old German edaline name meaning Adelaide and Adeline typically have overwhelming confidence and hope and! ) and a well-known song called `` Sweet Adeline '' is an Old barbershop quartet favorite also. People were named Edalyn so far in last 100 years ) there would be a dark-haired... Famous real-life people named Adaline Adaline in song, story & screen all just as Adeline. Sometimes forget her name, from Addalyn to Adelyn to Adaline a daughter of William Conqueror! Pronounced `` Adalyn '' 2015 at a whopping Number 364 -- an astonishing debut spirit live. Another, enter a name to the Old German ): from adal.... A short form of a girl 's name is Adeline Grace, pronounced `` Adalyn '' Eadlinn. How to plan 's pronounced ADD-a-line 's gorgeous when pronounced Adel EEN instead ``. Is noble similar to Edeline people who like the name Adaline: Calculate the core numbers of numerology much. Emmett, Ian, Elijah, Liam, Aiden, Edmund plaid, baked naked.